Anarkis Defense System - Real Wings Edition v1.16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 19:06

I could not get my fighters to launch earlier. I had my foe settings on my carrier set to pirates: foe, but my fighters were set to pirates: friend, could that do it?

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 20:22

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270139

Did not test it yet (don't need it yet) but I think it would help.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 21:29

RustInPieces wrote:I could not get my fighters to launch earlier. I had my foe settings on my carrier set to pirates: foe, but my fighters were set to pirates: friend, could that do it?
Should be no problem, as the relations will be transfered from the carrier to the fighters the moment the attack command is given....
In the 'General settings', Under 'Ignore Fractions', all fractions are set to 'No' except Player, right?

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Wed, 25. Jun 14, 03:08

Nope. Thanks.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 17:23

Since several days I have my first M1 and testing this script. It's GREAT. Really, Really great.

However there are some issues yet:

1. If carrier is moving, fighters keep crashing into it.
2. Sometimes are sent all fighters, including unmanaged onec. All docked ships. Even if automatic ADS is disabled.
3. Auto refuel option is great and works very well. The only thing is missing the option to manage amunition this way (at least matter/antimatter warhead). There is no ammunition on the refuelment list.
4. With protect carrier option fighters are crashing into it too. Maybe better would be similar to standard protect option behaviour: fighters are docked untill threat is close enough? Or maybe possible is fixing autopilot?

And I think stations can't resupply ships (or I could not find this option). I think they also should have this option.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 19:17

rmazurek wrote:...
1. If carrier is moving, fighters keep crashing into it.
2. Sometimes are sent all fighters, including unmanaged onec. All docked ships. Even if automatic ADS is disabled.
Do you have a defence wing assigned to the carrier? Because then ships will pop out of their hangars, if some threat approaches the carrier. If not, try to call all fighters back by choosing 'ADS: Dock all ships' from menu.

rmazurek wrote:3. Auto refuel option is great and works very well. The only thing is missing the option to manage amunition this way (at least matter/antimatter warhead). There is no ammunition on the refuelment list.
Ah, yes. As I am playing XRM, no ammo based weapons are used, and I simply forgot this point. I will implement this option for the next version.

rmazurek wrote:4. With protect carrier option fighters are crashing into it too. Maybe better would be similar to standard protect option behaviour: fighters are docked untill threat is close enough? Or maybe possible is fixing autopilot?
This is the behaviour you described on your first point. I will look, if something can be done about this.

rmazurek wrote:And I think stations can't resupply ships (or I could not find this option). I think they also should have this option.
OK, I will have a look, if there is any major issue turning that option on for stations. If not, next version will have the supplies section too.
Many thanks for the feedback.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 19:40

ad 1. This is no matter if there is defencive wing or not. For example if you order fighters to clear sector then also fighers crash sometimes.

ad 2. This issue is about fighters that are not used by carrier. They are just docked on carrier, not active. No defencive wing set. Maybe it's some emergency defence that I missed?

ad 4. Not a big problem. At least at this moment (1 military outpost and 1 personal carrier).

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 02:49

centfrac wrote:Well as soon as the game starts it gives out a beep and a message apperars along the bottom..Alpha Wing no threats detected, sector clear returning to carrier. This continues but with different desginations of wings and have found no way to shut it down or stop the meesages.
Not sure if it is supposed to be fixed in next version. I have similar issue but when launch fighters from carrier (at least clear sector, not sure if after other commands, usually use clear sector).

EDIT: Just tested one Advanced Patrol script http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... p?t=327449 with ADS (meanwhile noticed ADS has its own patrol option - will test it next).
I sent single TM with fighters and since several hours did not see a single pirate ship on its path :D

Not sure about ADS option but this script implements exactly what I was looking for. If there is to big danger, carrier retreats to defined rely point. The trick is to set smaller ADS reaction range then for patroling carrier, so fighters are not launched for suicide attack.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 20:40

The beeping and remark about no enemies in range should ONLY occur if:
1. The carrier launching the wings is the playership
2. Only in case 'clear sector' is commanded, and not enough enemies were found for all wings.
Then the wing with no enemy assigned returns to carrier beeping the message.

Never tested advanced patrol, I'll give it a try, but this will have to wait untill I'm out of hospital...and up on my feet again. ;)

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 4. Jul 14, 21:15

If no enemies there is no error. Just message that no enemies and fighers return to carrier.

This issue is sometimes if there are enemies, fighters are launched and fighting enemies. There are messages that wings are going back. In each message is given the name of the wing (another each time) and that they are going back.

There is also sometimes message about bombers (can't set bomber wing to 0 so left this value - maybe this is the reason in this case).

This is not a big problem. It occurs only from time to time and is a little annoying. It doesn't break anything.

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 12:52

One thing to note. If your fighters are ALREADY assigned to a wing, the ADS carrier will not use those fighters. This would cause the exact behavior that has just been mentioned.

Make sure your fighters are not already in a wing.
Try the "Launch Defensive Wing" command with your playership as the target and make sure it shows the fighters you want to launch.

As a side note. Any chance on me getting some help with this?
Help me make a quick extension script to ADS Real Wings...

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 07:32

I don't use wings.

BTW fighters managed by ADS are kind of suicidal. I put on station M3, M4 and M5. M5 are distroyed very quickly, M4 have some chance to survive and only M3 do the good job. In other hand It would be good to have some interceptors to catch fast enemy ships.

Is it possible to make ADS wings coordinating with each other? Maybe some algoritm similar to the one in Advanced Patrol? Something like "if we die after single enemy shot we wait for stronger ships"?

The worst disaster is if Khaak attack. They are fast and always hit.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 10:49

There is always room for improvement on scripts. As for me, I do not think that I will implement any further 'brain' for fighter wings. There are different reasons for this, mainly RL, but performance and complexity also.
The more 'brainpower' a fighter has, the more performance it will drain from the PC's CPU. If many hundred of fighters are in action simoultaneously, the game could get unplayable.
But hey - I might be wrong. Feel free to change the fighting scrpts to your likings ;).

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 11:30

So maybe something simple? M3 wings attack M3, M4, M5 enemy, M4 attack M4, M5 enemy and M5 attack only M5. Capitals are attacked only by capitals, bombers and M7M frigates.
It should not affect performance too much. Simple check of ships types.

Battles are not fought simultanously everywhere so I don't think it would be very noticable.

I use RRF script that monitors every single NPC station for attacks, if attack occurs then NPC sends own ships. It's noticable (using old hardware - Sempron with 2GB RAM) but can live with that. On newer computers it should be not affecting performance at all.

I also use Advanced Patrol with safe mode enabled on several TM's and I don't see any change in performance. In this script topic there is alghoritm shown for that. Maybe it could be helpfull to implement something similar in ADS.

And ofcourse it could be optional feature. If it lowers performance, could be disabled as it is in Advanced Patrol.

BTW Not sure if it was mentioned yet. Will be possible to hire mechanics on stations? Or any other means to automatically repair ships?
Now I have to dock demaged ships from station to support carrier that repairs this fighters.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 02:35

rmazurek wrote:BTW Not sure if it was mentioned yet. Will be possible to hire mechanics on stations? Or any other means to automatically repair ships?
Now I have to dock demaged ships from station to support carrier that repairs this fighters.
This was introduced with v1.13. You should be able to hire Marines from a (not too far) trading station in the same sector, or, transfer marines from one of your carriers to the station.
Repairing of ships should be also possible.
All this is not tested thoroughly yet. So feedback welcome.

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 02:49

I was looking for repair bays as on stations and did not find.
Should I just transfer marines from carrier? And they should automatically repair ships?

BTW For suicidal M5 I have backup plan to hold fighters on TM's. So if attacked they should be closer for safety. Only drawback is that on military outpost can be max 10 TM/M6/TS/TP. But OK if it would be to small number then just create another one outpost :P

But still it would be better if fighters would behave in a bit more intelligent way.

And one more thing I would like to ask. Is there or will be possibility to set different wing size for every ship class? Not only attack fighters/defending fighters/bombers but rather M3/M4/M5...

Overwatch

Post by Overwatch » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 17:54

Honestly, the biggest issue you will have with fighters is the way that 'In System' and 'Out of System' combat differ. Remember, when you are out of system, the game just does not keep track of things at a granular level.

(This is over simplified) Imagine if you were in a battle, but all the ships were fixed in place. Now pick a single target. Fire your weapons at that target for 30 seconds, your weapon generator is ignored, it stays full, keep firing. During this time, you do no damage, but the system keeps track of the number of hits. Every other ship is doing the exact same thing. Single target, shoot for 30 seconds, count hits. At the end of this time, the game adds up all the damage that would be applied, and does it all at once to each ship. Then ships move to a new position based on their max speed. Repeat.

Now, we should CLEARLY see some differences with this compared to us being in system. Often, a ship will go from full hull/shields to explosion at the end of a combat round. Particularly in the case of M4/M5 where their shields are so small, they just get vaporized by even a few lucky hits. They never get a chance to start the "I took damage. Are my shields low? I should run away now." thoughts, because everything happens at once.

Fighters are disposable. Unless you are there to babysit them, they are going to die from time to time. The important part is to have a supply chain set up so that you can recover from losses, and shift assets around to cover your butt.

Many people choose a cheap fighter and collect them en masse. They set these up with the minimum gear, and usually PACs (Since they are dirt cheap).

If you look around the forums, you will find a bunch of discussions about fleet fighters. The pros & cons of different loadouts, and other stuff. The one thing you will see pretty consistently though, is that they are expected to be destroyed eventually.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 10:24

Updated with some bugfixes and requested alterations.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 18. Sep 14, 12:45

Hey could this be made to work on the player ship like in origial ADS? if I run it on my player carrier, the script seems to want to 'take control' all the time. Very annoying. It'd be nice if I could just have ADS running without it acting funky like it does (with original ads) in XRM.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 13:58

I used this script some time ago and it worked fine but now the links to download the prerequisite libraries are down so installing it lead to a game break down.

Any luck someone can help with this? Or include all that should be in the package? :/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”