[SCR] OK Traders v1.7.1 (04-12-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dazzard
x4

Post by Dazzard » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 00:04

memeics wrote:Yesterday I noticed a really bad case of OK Traders not taking distance/time to cover into consideration. I've noticed one of my complexes running out of energy cells and stalling but I knew it had a Caiman Hauler homebased OK Trader servicing it which should be fine. I looked for the trader only to find him trying to sell a few products for the homebase in Armstrong. For those unfamiliar with Xtended Mod, Armstrong is a sector where there is only one gate (the rest are trans-orbital accelerators) so traders can only jump at that gate, but this gate is a "hidden" gate, more 80k away from the sector center. So my Caiman Hauler takes forever to travel that distance, in the meantime the homebase goes out of energy cells :(

I could add one more trader to the base but most of the time he'd be idling as a single Caiman Hauler is more than enough for that complex, as long as he takes about 10 minutes in game time for a trade run. If he takes >40 then things will get bad. I'll try to bump up the max stock limits for resources for that base, to get a larger buffer of resources for these occasional very long trade runs but ideally the trader could take into consideration the time it takes to do the trade run because it can be computed very well, especially for OOS.
You could just blacklist the sector so it won't get deliveries to/from it ;)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:08

How are "OK traders" freighters compared to "MK3 Improvement Reloaded" freighters as universe traders? Where are strengths and weaknesses on both scripts?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 17:17

I'm using OK Traders 1.7.1 and got two free traders. I blacklisted Pirate sectors, but one of my traders just flew through Olmancketslat's Treaty and got destroyed by a pirate ship. What is wrong here?

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 17:20

OK uses egosoft's builtin move scripts. The blacklist doesn't affect the route ships take to get from A to B, it only influences which stations are excluded as trade destinations.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Mar 15, 10:18

Thanks, so the rule is: never use OK Traders without a jump drive. :)

Pichu0102
x4

Post by Pichu0102 » Sun, 24. May 15, 21:58

Found a weird bug in something: My traders are using docking computers and jumpdrives, which leads to a bunch of new traders coming in, docking, then undocking while the other ship is still in the jump process and didn't bother to leave the docking area. Boom. My complex hub has a higher killcount than the rest of the universe!

Screenshot of the death complex in action. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =448626371

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 24. May 15, 23:24

Well it should be well-known nowadays that you should never be in the same sector as your complexes to prevent this. ;)

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:32

Even though the CAG training stuff may add to depth in the early game, later it gets quite tedious.. unless you just cheat new pilots to level 5. On the other side, from the day I added Tiek's signal targeted none of my traders ever has been destroyed.

How do OK traders perform when bothered by enemies?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 19:00

They usually jump out of a sector as soon as they are targeted by an enemy. It's extremely rare that I loose an OK trader - this happened only once while I was in the same sector as the attacked trader. OOS it seems to be completely safe for the trader.

Gregory_Rainsborough
x4

Post by Gregory_Rainsborough » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 22:08

It would seem the download link is broken.

Anyone got a copy of it?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 23:09

Here you go:
[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

tearing

Post by tearing » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 08:20

can anyone make comparison of this script with mk3 improvement reloaded?

especially its universal trader ascpect

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 18:37

The survivability of OK free traders compared to MK3 reloaded traders are the same for me. They are nearly perfect as long as I'm not in the same sector as the attacked ship. Their trade efficiency seems also equal if you compare an OK free trader to a lvl 25 MK3 reloaded trader. The main advantage for an OK trader is that it immediately starts at maximum efficiency, while you have to train your MK3 reloaded traders before they got efficient.

tearing

Post by tearing » Sat, 13. Feb 16, 16:38

is it true ok traders are free compared to mk3?

because i only needs its survivability and dont want to make it free

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 13. Feb 16, 16:48

Then consider using MK3 Reloaded.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 06:39

Does anyone else find that their traders often spend large stretches of time doing absolutely nothing, then go on a trading spree, then go back to doing nothing for a few hours? I'm not sure if there's something weird going on or if this is just X3 being X3. At this point my save game has had so many mods installed, removed, reinstalled, tweaked, removed, etc that I'm surprised my computer hasn't caught fire, so I wouldn't be shocked to hear something weird is actually going on here.

Zfast4y0u

Post by Zfast4y0u » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 23:16

ok guys i have problem with my Space fuel complex and trade ships trading space fuel with home base signed and using this script with em..

i posted my problem here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 67#4627567

any help would be great!!

shulthz
x3ap

Post by shulthz » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 04:49

[quote]
I've installed XTC 2.2 with hotfix 22. I created 50 docked drakes and broadcast OK to them.

The traders started out selling all the equipment I spawned on them that they don't need, like excess energy and ammo. During this time I get no apparent slowdown at 10x seta, nor while fighting 20 xenon M spawned around my tapian. This tends to suggest the monitoring task running on each trader isn't what's taxing the cpu.

Still no appreciable slowdown after I left it on seta for a while. I've been observing an ATF vidar fighting 10 xenon fujin at seta 10x while rotating the camera and its pretty smooth.

This is on i7-2600k with 16gb ram, win7 x64.

All I can say at this point is, make sure ok's debug mode is disabled as the file logging has a big overhead, and minimize the number of economy boost mode traders.
[/quote]

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 18:45

Is there any way to disable energy cell automatic refuel? I am using cycrows advanced jumpdrive. It works with these, they are jumping without using energy cells using OK Trade, but they still buy 900 some energy cells when I first start the script.

shulthz
x3ap

Post by shulthz » Tue, 11. Oct 16, 03:13

No way, or you can revise the script :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”