Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Huillam
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Huillam » Fri, 8. May 20, 19:44

During my last playthrough I had to manually look up at the station selling the CCDS MK3 for the software to be added to the encyclopedia. Hopefully it's the same issue here.
Here's the list of stations selling the software, check the nearest one and see if it's simply the encyclopedia not updating or if it's really missing:
https://ibb.co/Qvf1hBX
https://ibb.co/VS6M4NZ
https://ibb.co/WvC8BDY

If the software isn't available the only thing that come to my mind is a messed up install. Even if a clean install from scratch is pretty straightforward and is unlikely to be messed up as long as you don't rush things a new one is worth a try.

Eetere
x3ap

Post by Eetere » Sat, 9. May 20, 08:38

Trying to set up MLCC for the first time, and while I have 36 M7(M) ships in various MLCC docks, only 16 have come to me to assist when I use the order. Is this as intended?

XParanid
x4

Post by XParanid » Mon, 18. May 20, 10:23

Hi, first time setting up a fleet with MLCC. I have my HQ and a dock for reserve fighters and one for carriers ready.
I have some simple questions which I haven't found an answer yet:
- What does a carrier do when it retreats from Battle, when it has maybe some losses and a few fighters needs repairs?
Will it dock damaged ships at HQ or my reserve Dock. The losses are taken from reserve but the damaged ships where do they go?

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Tue, 19. May 20, 04:48

Carriers jump to the HQ, send their damaged ships there, go close to the reserve dock and once there call for replacements before finally going back home.

XParanid
x4

Post by XParanid » Wed, 20. May 20, 07:11

Thank you Huillam,
that is verry good to hear. By the way I love this mod. The beauty lies in jumping with 3 carriers and a few M7 in a Xenon Sector in a beautiful line and cause havoc :twisted: .

But now i have a new question / request:
Is it possible to set up a MLCC group and limit the amount of ships jumping towards me?
Yesterday I had an encounter with a few pirates. Ok I sad I let my carriers jump in and handle it. But 3 Carriers attacking 15 Fighters and an m6 is a bit much I think.
It would be nice to setup a group to only handle 1 or 2 Carriers jump in (1 to have self chanlenge or 2 to go save, 3 is just overkill). @Litcube is there a setting for this or is something else planed? I know i could split different carriers from different races. But that would be rather difficult logistics wise at the moment than just limiting the number of ships jumping in.

valerasilivonchik
x4

Post by valerasilivonchik » Wed, 20. May 20, 15:40

I want to switch lang to rus. When I do that the game launcher menu and some labels in the game substituted by TextIDNotFound labels. How can I get rid of them and get clean localization?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 20. May 20, 17:33

Никак. Мод только для английской версии. Ищи в интернете русский литкуб.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Thu, 21. May 20, 03:52

XParanid wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 07:11
Is it possible to set up a MLCC group and limit the amount of ships jumping towards me?
When asking for an assist you can manually select the ships you want to join and make preset groups so you don't have to do that at every encounter.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 01:27

Hello
Apologies if this has been already answered; I did try google and the search thing here...
I have just installed using the GOG version and everything seems to be fine...
except X3LU is accessing my vanilla save game folder from a Steam vanilla install I played last year and still have on my machine
Is it possible to have a separate dedicated save game folder for X3LU?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 09:34

You can save old save files. All files are saved in one folder by default.

In any case, the save is not compatible with each other and you need to start a new game.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 05:03

siddham wrote:
Sun, 7. Jun 20, 01:27
Hello
Apologies if this has been already answered; I did try google and the search thing here...
I have just installed using the GOG version and everything seems to be fine...
except X3LU is accessing my vanilla save game folder from a Steam vanilla install I played last year and still have on my machine
Is it possible to have a separate dedicated save game folder for X3LU?
Short answer: No. Every version of X3:AP will store their savegames in the same folder, and as far as I know there is no way to change this. The only thing you can do if you want to keep your old save files is to move them to another folder.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 21:58

Thank you for replies about the save game folder. Once I know I can work around it.

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 08:27

Not sure if this is a bug but seems a little out of place and/or potentially harmful for balancing/pacing.

Started a new game in 1.72 and was flying through Ore belt to discover about 50 million worth of cargo just floating in the corner of the map.

Seems a little off to me as it's like finding an m7 in the first hour of play. In more detail it appears to be mostly pirate/illegal goods. Spaceweed, spacefuel, boarding pods, disintegrator rifles, spaceflies.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 09:19

Destroying a station makes it drops a good part of its wares. It's hardcoded behavior. Probably a pirate base that got destroyed.

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 00:57

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 09:19
Destroying a station makes it drops a good part of its wares. It's hardcoded behavior. Probably a pirate base that got destroyed.
Ahh yes, that would make sense. I kinda assumed a pirate base would be able to endure at least one game hour though lol.

Waterpls
xr

Post by Waterpls » Sun, 19. Jul 20, 06:39

Hello.
I have a question about soundtrack. In some sectors music just incredible. Antigone Memorial, Bluish Snout. How can i find files with that music? Or names of tracks.
P.S. I am playing Mayhem 3, not sure if its relevant.

qg46
x4

Post by qg46 » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 10:27

I can't download this mod, please check base mod download link

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 00:18

qg46 wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 10:27
I can't download this mod, please check base mod download link
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Download

All downloaded normally.

aksonometrya
xr

Post by aksonometrya » Sun, 18. Oct 20, 20:19

Hello!

I have 1.7.2 LU + steam 3.3 X3AP + 3.3 nosteam exe without any mods.

Аfter three days in game I noticed that my ship's autosupply is free ( ships ignore reputation and pay no money for autobuing missiles and drones). Has anyone a similar problem ?

I will be grateful for your answers!

s17speedex
x3ap

Post by s17speedex » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:15

Annual X3LU playthrough:
No Universal Traders until Player Headquarters is acquired.

Step:1) cap ships and get set up ROF in Argon space to gain rep.

2)Buy/use FR miners (Sector CBSE) to slowly mine, sell manually. Collect more abandon ships.

3)Buy TL, as miner ships Home Base. Begin buying M5 miners from Seizwell.       Disclaimer: Until this playthrough, I had always built an M3 mining fleet using chimeras. For 150ish M3's with 5 lasers + dedicated TL =~ 1B credits per fleet. 4 lasers on the M5's + TL +~ .5B credits. I'm going cost-effective this round because I can build two fleets for the cost of one -20% efficiency.

4) As credits roll in from selling minerals buy two Argon trading stations. Use a courier from every TL back to the trading stations. Split crystals to drop to one and minerals/ore to the other. (dock agents will actually sell your black and white crystals this way   ). Collect more abandon ships.

4.5) buy an M7 with hanger space to transport new mining ships. Collect more abandon ships.

5) As the fleet grows drop ore and silicone off at PH instead of selling. At 5-7 fleets you will saturate the nividium market. Dump to a dedicated TL and add to a spare courier route to deliver to trading stations (otherwise, all the dock agents will fill with nividium that that has no market). Collect more abandon ships.

Tip- once the TL's mining ship special command "carrier" has been initiated there will be lag for a few seconds. Too big of fleets make's this get worse fast. I stick with < 200 miners and that lags for ~30 seconds. (AMD 1700X CPU)

Tip- once carrier fleet is initiated tell the TL to "follow" one of the miners. This keeps the fleet together and no (terrible) loss off of M5's flying back to unload half their life from spreading all over.

Tip-buying high shield mining M3/M4/M5's are not worth it..... they will all get wiped out if the sector is invaded. Have ROF and a battle fleet ready. More importantly, mine-in as safe of sectors as you see fit.

At this point, I'm 20 ships into my second fleet and two small ROF's I keep maintaining. 4 days, 22hrs w/ sata and with satellite monitor network mod. Credits are steady but capping M3's or better is still worth the time. After the second fleet is up and running I'll focus on PH and Ut's.
Last edited by s17speedex on Sat, 24. Oct 20, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
X3 LUV

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”