[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 17:45

Ysengrin wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 17:19
Hector0x, I need a fix of Mayhem 3, are you finishing your patch ? :mrgreen:
Yes, still at it. Hopefully just another week or so. Maybe sooner, maybe a bit later. I want to get this out too, but it needs to be mostly working :lol:

Ysengrin
x3

Post by Ysengrin » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 14:32

I have a unusual request.
When playing Mayem 3 I almost never use SETA. I found it relaxing just to look at my ship in flyby view giving orders and thinking about where ti go next. Plus, there is much to do and think early on, so SETA isn't mandatory anymore.
But, I also know that a good 10x SETA can cut your framerate in half on this game, because every calculation of the simulation must be done 10 times faster by your CPU.

So, the point is : could genius modders like Joubarbe and you ( :mrgreen: )make an inverted SETA that slows down time and thus increase framerate, something the player could use in huge demanding battles to have good FPS and more time to issue orders ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 15:30

Slowing down time would not actually increase the frame rate of the game. You cant render less than 1 frame at a time.

the reason SETA increases the CPU load, is because it'll run the update step multiple times per frame so each frame takes longer to process as a result.

Ysengrin
x3

Post by Ysengrin » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 17:25

I already have made a few tests with a slow motion cheatengine on homeworld remastered and just cause 2 and the framerate is actually double when the time is slowed, i've to try it on X3 but I would like to avoid CheatEngine...

Metallumere
xr

Post by Metallumere » Sat, 30. Jul 22, 01:38

Mammoths seem to have been missing from the ship compendium and ship research options for several versions now, I only just found the culprit.
The script Mayhem.ImportShipPopReq.xml is set to start at ID 0, and immediately increment up before doing anything.
It never checks to see if the Mammoth even has a population requirement entry, and so it's always returned as being a disabled ship, even though an entry is there.

The fix is as simple as changing the script to start at ID -1.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 30. Jul 22, 09:19

Code: Select all

<t id="0">26</t> <!--Argon Mammoth-->

$id = -1

load text: id=9979

$id = -1
$shipPopReq = table alloc

while $id < 500
inc $id

$shipPop = read text: page=9979 id=$id
$pos = find position of pattern 'ReadText' in $shipPop
do if $pos != -1
continue

$shipPop = string $shipPop to integer
$ship = get ware from maintype [SSTYPE_SHIP] and subtype $id
do if $ship
table set $shipPopReq ( $ship ) = $shipPop
end

set global variable: name='mayhem_shipPopReq' value=$shipPopReq

return $shipPopReq

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 16:51

Enjoy the new Map Generator / Editor

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=449012
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Tue, 11. Oct 22, 04:32

Thanks for keeping x3 interesting, its perfect the way it is, and you keep improving on it.
I hope we get to appreciate "old" tech and games more as a society, the games are good, the mods are good,
it's the culture of the new and our short lives that is pushing us in the wrong direction as a society creating more than we need at the cost of life.
If/when we get more time as a society and/or cure aging I hope we will appreciate all that we have made.
X3 is good. Litcubes mod is good. Mayhem is good.
Joubarbe I wish society was more like you :)
Credence follow stars.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 14:46

PhotonPulse wrote:
Tue, 11. Oct 22, 04:32
Thanks for keeping x3 interesting, its perfect the way it is, and you keep improving on it.
I hope we get to appreciate "old" tech and games more as a society, the games are good, the mods are good,
it's the culture of the new and our short lives that is pushing us in the wrong direction as a society creating more than we need at the cost of life.
If/when we get more time as a society and/or cure aging I hope we will appreciate all that we have made.
As I understand it, I don't believe Joubarbe is working on this mod anymore. Currently, the Mayhem 3 mod is being 'extended' further by HectorX with the Zero-Hour mod. I would highly recommend it.
Cheers.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 14. Oct 22, 16:00

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Fri, 14. Oct 22, 14:46
As I understand it, I don't believe Joubarbe is working on this mod anymore. Currently, the Mayhem 3 mod is being 'extended' further by HectorX with the Zero-Hour mod. I would highly recommend it.
Cheers.
Thanks, Ill look at it.
I started playthrough of mayhem 2 since i had so much fun 'breaking' it last time I played by using a rush research expansion tactic to research and build a fully equipped Excalibur before the first OCV wave.
I'm trying something similar this time although Joubarbe have placed heavy restrictions on expanding in the early game possibly because of it.
Credence follow stars.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 09:59

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Fri, 14. Oct 22, 14:46
PhotonPulse wrote:
Cheers.
To be fair, the same situation happened back in 2021 when 3.14d was released. We didn't see Joubarbe return for a year. Anything is possible.

PS: There's some missing ships due to the ship overhaul patch that started in 3.17. For example, pirates no longer have a pirate version of the Teladi Falcon. The Pirate Falcon Tanker was the pirate version of the ship and wasn't considered a typical variant of another ship (e.g. hauler, sentinel, vanguard, raider, prototype, advanced variants)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 20:08

PhotonPulse wrote:
the games are good, the mods are good,
agreed. When arguing about the 'state of gaming' if often urge people to appreciate older titles. You can decide against having to play the newest entries all the time. With this mindset your collection of 'good games' can only expand further. These days its best to ignore 95% of the corporate products which only have good graphics but bad gameplay.
I usually stay about 2 years behind the mainstream releases before buying something. Except a few titles which interest me so much that i cannot wait or when i want to support the devs. By waiting you save money, the game gets patched properly, and you have a load of opinions and reviews ready. I like getting Epic exclusives or console ports years later for PC/Steam. Heck, you even have loads of free software to play in the meantime. Stalker Anomaly/Gamma, Enderal, Wing Commander Saga, mods. The list goes on and on.

Last year i played Baldur's Gate 1 for the very first time. The game is what? 20 years old? When BG 3 leaves early access i plan to start playing the second entry.

i believe the X3 community will only die once some future Windows OS won't run it anymore. Hopefully not too soon.

Mstrnicegui
x3fl

Post by Mstrnicegui » Thu, 22. Dec 22, 13:20

Hahaha Hector. I agree with you. I'm just now about to play mayhem 3 if I can get it to work.
I've been playing alot of sins of a solar empire and got back into x3 about 10 days ago. No desire for new games anytime soon other then sins 2 when it comes out.

So as for getting mayhem 3 to work....
I've installed everything but when I start a game I immediately get a in game message saying missing 10dat and 10cat files needed for mayhem 3. I am not that computer savvy, but I have Uninstaller everything and reinstalled multiple times and that hasn't worked.
Also twice when starting a new game ship immediately blew up. And if I do try to xplore sectors they are all empty.

Can someone please help me? And dumb it down as much as possible

Mstrnicegui
x3fl

Post by Mstrnicegui » Thu, 22. Dec 22, 13:43

Just read about the zero hour mod also.... yall definately need to help me fix this now lol
I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!

xvuchko
xr

Post by xvuchko » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 03:03

Mstrnicegui wrote:
Thu, 22. Dec 22, 13:43
Just read about the zero hour mod also.... yall definately need to help me fix this now lol
I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!
Dude I have been away from x3 for quite a long time, but I remember I managed to get it to work quite easy if you come back to this post let me know if you are still stuck and I will assist you.

Also:
1.Are you aware you need Litcube's universe mod installed on a clean x3 Albion prelude
2.Try and follow this guide: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mayhem/tutor ... to-install
3.Write back here I will be checking the post ;)

Edit:
Also after installing Mayhem 3 with zero hour you need another mod called "ZMap" to generate the X universe.

If playing Mayhem 3 only without zero hour you have the galaxy generator tool within the game root if done correctly.

Cheers.

SheepleShooter
x3fl

Post by SheepleShooter » Thu, 30. Nov 23, 00:27

Hi
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to share resources with other races. I am rank 7 with two races but cannot find the option to share resources with them anywhere! Please help :)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Thu, 30. Nov 23, 14:17

SheepleShooter wrote:
Thu, 30. Nov 23, 00:27
Hi
how to share resources with other races. I am rank 7 with two races but cannot find the option
Resource sharing is only possible between 2 AI factions.

If this is about supplying resources to a specific faction you got 2 solutions:

1)
- blacklist all but that 1 faction
- disallow NPC Traders on your Outpost
- setup your Outpost trade settings to start selling

2)
- setup an isolated Outpost which only has jumpgates leading into to sectors of your target faction
- set Outpost Worker range to 1
- use Agent jobs or Courier to get the goods into that outpost
- start selling with your own Trader workers

SheepleShooter
x3fl

Post by SheepleShooter » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 16:25

Thank you. I thought there some sort of transfer option in a menu.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 23:57

First run and I am a noob to Mayhem. Maybe I am stupid but I thought OCV and Xenons were 2 different factions or things (like in LU). Only when the OCV invaded my sector I found out to have a xenon sector in 2 sectors distance is far more dangerous than initially thought.. You should have seen my face when I just started to build my first 5 M3's, even lacked the crystals for their lasers, and then a full OCV batlleforce invades my sector.

Cool first run hugh?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 13:37

Lone Machete wrote:
Mon, 18. Dec 23, 23:57
Xenon and OCV don't treat the player any different from other factions. I believe such game design is called 'perfectly unbalanced'.

But they'll mostly hang around Xenon sectors and it's useful to have a friendly faction in between.

If the Xenon expand towards you but you don't have enough power to match them you need to be ready to move and transfer your most valuable resources to a safe sector.

My Zero Hour submod improves the difficulty levels.
On easy Xenon/OCV will treat the player different from the others and invade him less. On hard they roam further away from the Xenon border.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”