[Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shadian

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.10

Post by Shadian » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 18:47

Great job!
I've been enjoying Mayhem 3 since 8-th or 9-th version. Zero Hour is a great addon for the best mod X3 ever had.

However I don't really understand the profits from using OCV ships. If they are so unsecured, may them go to the dark side any time? That was very dangerous in slow Mayhem gameplay and I don't really thinks these mechanic very useful. The only strategies, I saw is to spawn a lot of OCV gunmeat and throw them to a galactic hegemon. Then wait until they have an OCV fleet in the middle of their empire. But it's very risky play.

I have thought about rebalancing long time ago, when I tried to rebalance ships myself. But I was not so qualified and I didn't have much time.

But I have some suggestions. I can write them to Issues on Github or put it here for public discussion.

Do you collect suggestions or you already have clear vision about rebalancing?

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 22:13

Help ! :D

See image, since 1.10 update. Happened after a couple of minutes. All the other error messages are related to other Outposts, mine or AI-owned.

Also my Architect can't find the new build order of an Outpost, though it appears in the Admin Tab Backlog. Used to work previously... You can try by ordering a Research Station in Ronkhar Trial (Outpost with +50% Research perk)

Save+Galaxy from 1.9a. Updated 1.10 but didn't save the game again since I got the error very early.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 09:33

aurelcourt wrote:
Fri, 13. Jan 23, 22:13
ah i remember this one. What happens is that i updated the main Outpost script. Now the 166 Outposts in your large galaxy all have 15min to finish their old version of the script which is still running 1 more time. But in Zero Hour the script engine can be so overworked that 85 of these Outposts don't finish their old script in time and Joubarbe's update routine is complaining that it takes so long and aborts the process. But i can also update them 'by hand'. Already did this once.

About the Architect:
You already have a Research Station in Rhonkars Trial. The Architect now wants to ignore any orders by this sector until the first research station gets destroyed. My idea here was that the player would only order a 2nd research station as a replacement for a station that he is about to loose.
But i'm gonna change it so that the Architect just treats 2nd Research station as an invalid order and deletes it to proceed.

Fix incoming

Edit: hotfix 1.10a released
Last edited by Hector0x on Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:03

Shadian wrote:
Fri, 13. Jan 23, 18:47
Thanks.
OCV ships are completely optional. They should be best suited for players who want to play very aggressive against one of the major factions early in the game.

- if you get a high abnormal signal sector you can research OCV ships very fast, even the capitals
- you don't need a Crystal production (free equipment)
- you don't need many Outposts since they require very little Waste and no people. Since OCV ships are mostly energy based you can just spam Solar Power Plants > Microchips > Computer Parts and build massive fleets
- you don't need any money

The big drawback is the virus that they carry. But the timing is not completely random. You got some safe time where you are in full control. If your build screen says you got 7 hours on average until the virus hits you can be sure that you definitely have at least a couple hours. It cannot randomly happen after only 5 min or so. Then these ships can all be built very quickly. You don't keep them around. Its more like spamming a bunch to deal with some immediate threat or support other fleets of yours. Afterwards you can just send them to your enemy and this will help you either way.

The main trap to avoid is not to flood the galaxy with too many OCV ships because this could backfire when your old ships are now hostile and come back home to you. If you play passive without major enemies its probably also not worth it to go for OCV ships.

Shadian wrote:
Fri, 13. Jan 23, 18:47
But I have some suggestions. I can write them to Issues on Github or put it here for public discussion.

Do you collect suggestions or you already have clear vision about rebalancing?
I don't have any more plans for further rebalancing in the near future. You can just shoot here if you like.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:32

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 14. Jan 23, 09:33

Edit: hotfix 1.10a released
Cool thank, will try tomorrow :)

Oh, about the research stations, only 1 per sector ?? :gruebel:
I want my Stellaris-like research sector with 10 stations at +50% :D :D

Darkternal
x4

Re: [Mayhem 3.21b] Zero Hour 1.10a

Post by Darkternal » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 12:22

Something wrong with trader logic. Trader looking for trades to import crystals (and other goods) to my outpost, can't find it. Then I noticed that trader from that or another outpost went to trade with that good between NPC factories, although I set maximum buying price at my Outpost.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 20:26

Hi,

There's an issue with the fleets and the monitored systems. Somehow sometimes, fleets go to sectors they are not supposed to monitor at all, with a "defend sector - attack all ennemies" order.
I saw it a couple of times without being 100% sure, but now I definitely am.
It seems to only happen if an other fleet has this specific sector to monitor or an order to defend.

In the save, my Security II Fleet is going to defend Ocean's Fantasy, while it never got the order to do so (fully automated fleet, no manual input), and Ocean's Fantasy is not in its monitored sectors. However I had recently manually assigned an other Perseus Fleet to specifically Attack all ennemies in that sector...

Could there be a conflict between the different fleets orders?

Aurélien

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:14

I just came back to play some X3AP and found this Mod, it is amazing.
It has almost everything you could want.

I do have a few ideas to help improve it, if you are still working on it.

Worker Perk - increases available workers per type by 1
Improver Lasertower Perk - More Powerful Lasertowers. Could be Orbital Weapons Platforms or Orbital Lasers.

a way to redo the lasertower ring to replace lost towers, I know they are just there to take care of minor threats but they do come in handy as a diversion to take out fighters etc.
I haven't seen a Lasertower factory yet, still only about 20 hours in.

I also haven't seen a Patrol sector / sectors command.

I hope this isn't from a bad installation... Happy New year.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:22

Joelnh wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:14
Set up a fleet, and then under the fleet commands (that you give to the leader of the fleet), you have sector patrol.
Other option, under the fleet menu, you can have it "monitor" some sectors, and it will detect and attack ennemies in these sectors. That's actually more reactive than the "patrol sector" command.

I'd recommend in this mod to make extensive use of all the new menus in the personal console : a lot of shortcuts, QoL, new features are "hidden" in there.
The Youtube tutorial series by Hector is also a very helpful way to get to know the basics smoothly :-)

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 22:10

aurelcourt wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:22
Joelnh wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:14
Set up a fleet, and then under the fleet commands (that you give to the leader of the fleet), you have sector patrol.
Other option, under the fleet menu, you can have it "monitor" some sectors, and it will detect and attack ennemies in these sectors. That's actually more reactive than the "patrol sector" command.

I'd recommend in this mod to make extensive use of all the new menus in the personal console : a lot of shortcuts, QoL, new features are "hidden" in there.
The Youtube tutorial series by Hector is also a very helpful way to get to know the basics smoothly :-)
Thank you, just made my first fleet!
For anyone else : https://youtu.be/JjDgZT4HtVU

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 21:35

What is the requirement for an explorer ?
I have tried a few things and have not been able to get one started.
I have a M5 with all the software it should need to scan and explorer but the command is not selectable.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 22:01

You have to home-base it from one of your Advanced Satellite factories. From there, you can make it a worker and assign it as an Explorer.
This is really an artificial limitation imposed by the game that just makes it more difficult to play unfortunately.
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 22:09

Hairless-Ape wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 22:01
You have to home-base it from one of your Advanced Satellite factories. From there, you can make it a worker and assign it as an Explorer.
This is really an artificial limitation imposed by the game that just makes it more difficult to play unfortunately.
Thank you!

I literally just found the video that explained that and just assigned my first explorer.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 14:47

Bugs:

1. Waste and EC, given by Outposts solar panel perk, not count on logistics overview.
2. Architect doesn't search tasks on newly built outposts.
3. Architect looses it's assignation when executed manual commands (tested on "Return Home" and "Idle").
4. Terraforming bonus "+10% maximum specialization levels" doesn't work!

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 13:03

I am going to attempt to Modify the Ring of Fire, to deploy 4 OWP's instead of all the Lasertowers. To cover North East South West of Outpost, and possibly UP and Down.
If I can manage that, I will try to make them boron so they regen hull points in space.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 18:40

Advice request :

My initial industrial area is getting full of factories. 4 sectors and 40ish stations. So far only 1 outpost is managing all the logistics with its 6 agents.
The problem is that now some factories are starting to starve because of this logistical bottleneck.

My factories are on a 20%/20% refill/export.

Would you say I'd rather :
- change the factory setting to maybe 20/40?
- assign dedicated Agents homebased to some factories (SPP?) ?
- set up another Outpost with 6 agents and have each outpost manage different resources?
- other logic ? :)

The purpose is to centralise the resources to the main outpost, which is the shipyard/station builder of this region.

How do you manage your logistics ?

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:46

aurelcourt wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 18:40
1. Main outpost just import/export local resources

2.Secondary otposts:
-import/export local resources
-import resources needed for local factories from Main Outpost
-export products from local factories to Main Outpost

this scheme I'm using. 2 agents per outpost needed (sometimes 3). 35 sectors I have and one main - still going well.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 22:01

Darkternal wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:46
aurelcourt wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 18:40
1. Main outpost just import/export local resources

2.Secondary otposts:
-import/export local resources
-import resources needed for local factories from Main Outpost
-export products from local factories to Main Outpost

this scheme I'm using. 2 agents per outpost needed (sometimes 3). 35 sectors I have and one main - still going well.
Nice!

Did you change the Outpost settings for Stock control at all ?

My current game has my outpost losing resources, haven't figured out where they are going yet so going to redo clean install.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 22:34

Joelnh wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 22:01
Try check "Trade report archive". It can help find where resources are going. About present and future questions: check my savegame https://disk.yandex.ru/d/rkEexM7LRiMD8Q

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:34

Darkternal wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 22:34
Joelnh wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 22:01
Try check "Trade report archive". It can help find where resources are going. About present and future questions: check my savegame https://disk.yandex.ru/d/rkEexM7LRiMD8Q
Thank you, I will be looking at that report. Had to start over... didn't realize it deletes saves when removing / reinstalling from steam.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”