Question - Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Question - Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor?

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 07:00

I've been getting back into the venerable X3 through the LxXRM mod and have been adding a few scripts and changing things here and there. At the same time I want to keep as many frames as this creaky old engine will let me have.

Hence the question - Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor? Or would this have to be something I investigate myself...
I made a couple of X3 mods | Colour By Race | True Relations

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Question - Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 09:15

FriendlyFirePhoenix wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 07:00
Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor?
No, there isn't.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Re: Question - Is there a performance cost to playing with an activated script editor?

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 12:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 29. Jul 22, 09:15
No, there isn't.
Thanks!
I made a couple of X3 mods | Colour By Race | True Relations

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”