Achievements Tracker vs. New Fog Shader

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blitz4
x4

Achievements Tracker vs. New Fog Shader

Post by Blitz4 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 14:03

Hi. I have a neat question.

I've tried the two No Fog patches for X3TC and sadly, it's even said by an author that there's no way to avoid getting the **modified** tag. I can't play the game comfortably as I get dizzy with seta in the fog. My computer is even hitting over 60fps during seta, it's just the pattern fog is rendered to make it appear random when played at 10x in certain ships hits some light flickering frequency that forces me to stare at it as it goes by. not only is it distracting from the gameplay when played back at 10x via seta, but it's hypnotizing or something, it basically forces me to not use seta in any sector with fog.

I have tried editing the fog amount from the default 15 to 14 below, yes like the author states, any change results in a modified game.

Code: Select all

0;0;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;0;0;uranus;1;1;1;15;10;5;4;8;1;7;6;14;0;0;0;0;500000000;500000000;100;120;120;120;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;SS_BG_77;
How to remove fog and avoid **modified** ?? Not possible in X3TC. Then lets look at the problem from another angle. A **modified** tag will only prevent achievements right? To my understanding it doesn't affect gameplay outside of the mods that you've installed, it only prevents achievements from being earned or gaining progress from the save that you have loaded. If that's correct, then I'd just need a different way to track achievements and once I complete that achievement, I can then manually check it off via SteamAchievementManager: https://github.com/gibbed/SteamAchievementManager

That's one possibility. Another is to change the color of the fog via reshade. I would much rather test changing the color of the fog to black, I have a feeling that'd also add a **modified** flag to the game. Has anyone tested ReShade in X3 before? I imagine that could be done via ReShade: https://reshade.me/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”