Best X3 / mods experience in 2023 ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DocRV
x3tc

Best X3 / mods experience in 2023 ?

Post by DocRV » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 16:00

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start a fresh new X3 game. I went thru many theads 'recommended mods/scripts' but they are outdated or didn't cover the FL's extension. I'm getting lost with so many possibilities amongst TC/AP/FL and their options.

I'm not especially looking or a brand new X experience (new faction, plots ...), but why not. My main request is to get the best X3 gaming experience, I mean with working/efficient marine onboarding feature, overall good trading experience and working missile defense. You know what I mean. ;-)

What would be your recommendation TC/AP/FL ? + bonus ? + scripts/mods (LxXRM ?) ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Ad astra, ad infinitum , ad gloriam

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Best X3 / mods experience in 2023 ?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 11:55

My usual advice is to start playing the vanilla game, find things you don't like and look for specific scripts and mods that change the things you don't like and enhance the things you like. Scripts and some mods can be installed in an existing save, while complete overhaul mods like XTC or XRM provide a completely different game experience and this require a new start.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: Best X3 / mods experience in 2023 ?

Post by Hairless-Ape » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 20:10

Highly recommend X3 AP using the Mayhem 3 + "Zero Hour" mod. This is up to date and new features for it are still being produced.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=448700
This is an add-on to Litcube's universe and has gone through a lot of evolution. It is complex.

This also has a rather powerful and unique Map generator / Editor that adds a lot to the experience.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=449012
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”