Fix for those 1fps Stations?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Klatu
x3ap

Fix for those 1fps Stations?

Post by Klatu » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 07:43

Was there ever any fix or workaround for those few stations that inexplicably murderize your framerate for no reason at all?

My game plays relatively well in most instances. But there are a few stations, typically shipyards that render at something close to 1fps. I don't understand what is happening in or around the docking bays, but it feels like someone secretly added 3 billion polygon object in there using a 70 million gigapixel texture set.

JSDD
x3tc

Re: Fix for those 1fps Stations?

Post by JSDD » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 20:18

what hardware do you have?

i've seen this problem (i think) with the latest patch for x3tc ...
on my old pc with sh*tty hardware i've had problems in terran sectors ... so i made my own mod, exchanging terran station types to other types
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Tue, 25. Apr 23, 10:33

Hi JSDD,

I'm beginning to think hardware has little to do with it. I mean technically you could say it does but only relative to abnormal taxation in very isolated areas. I just took some capture data attempting to dock in Zyarth's Dominon shipyard and these are my findings:

Sector rendering at 120fps with a large field of view.
Approach docking bay approx 200 meters- framerate drops to 70.
Within 50 meters framerate drops to 20.
Any area within the docking area drops frames to 9. (This happens irrespective of where I point to camera)

During that process GPU usage at 3%. CPU fluctuating between 0 and 90%. Ram usage of 7,300mb.

It's probably safe to say that it's not graphic related or a rendering throughput issue. Seems more likely there's some sort of erroneous behaviour going on with physics calculations possibly as it relates to certain mesh interaction in the bays themselves. By far the strangest part about this is, these problem stations behave quite normally until you get within close proximity. Equally strange that docking environments of similar complexity, like that of other shipyards, don't exhibit this behaviour at all.

Iirc, this has been an issue reaching back to when I first played the game and has persisted on different systems and even different mod installations.

My system for reference:
3600x
RTX-2070-Super
16gb
SSD

Klatu
x3ap

Post by Klatu » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 14:42

Eeek! Turns out even the player HQ has that issue as well. Well there goes my dreams of roleplaying around my HQ lol.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”