HighExplosives12

Post by HighExplosives12 » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 02:53

How do i get the rare engine axis part?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 03:25

HighExplosives12 wrote:How do i get the rare engine axis part?
They are randomly dropped by destroyed ships, so it is a matter of keep destroying ships till it drops.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

HighExplosives12

Post by HighExplosives12 » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 06:23

santi wrote:
They are randomly dropped by destroyed ships, so it is a matter of keep destroying ships till it drops.
It seems that the most common ship to drop the rare engine axis part is the eterscel sentinel (most expensive Heart of Albion fighter)
Calling the Fulmekron a destroyer is like calling a fighter jet a sports car. It is just too powerful to warrant the destroyer name.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 05:31

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:BTW Collection of Engines/Shields/Weapons seems to be broken if there is not two landing platforms in the same zone when you hand over the goods... you get a Talk to instruction with a blank target.
This issue appears to be fixed in v3.20 RC4.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Comandante James T. Kirk

Post by Comandante James T. Kirk » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 12:14

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:BTW Collection of Engines/Shields/Weapons seems to be broken if there is not two landing platforms in the same zone when you hand over the goods... you get a Talk to instruction with a blank target.

This seems to be liable to happen with CAR/UA factions if the mission is with someone on one of their stations.
That happened to me :(

Any solution? :?
Si Dios estuviera jugando a los dados con la estructura del universo... seguramente le habría salido tal como lo conocemos...

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 13:16

I think that currently to solve such "impossible collection" issue, you can abort current mission and find it on some other station that has multiple docking ports. I did shield mission already and now that it is completed, I can still see mission offered around. Anyway, backup your save game before you try this.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 15:17

It's fixed in the latest beta; however aborting the mission then accepting it again from someone else is a perfectly reasonable workaround
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 16:36

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Just accepted a space fly collection mission in Sixth Scripture and after handing over the gift, I was left with the ubiquitous "Talk to ???" message. (RC4+HF)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 3. Feb 15, 19:02

Terre wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Just accepted a space fly collection mission in Sixth Scripture and after handing over the gift, I was left with the ubiquitous "Talk to ???" message. (RC4+HF)
It seems fixed for the TO DLC sectors (had an Engine upgrade mission pending delivery from v3.x, and managed to complete it in v3.20 RC4)... perhaps the missions are only fixed on a case by case basis.

Sixth Scripture is one of a couple of odd-ball zones that do not have an nearby zone with a friendly NPC station (at least in Vanilla).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Spami
x4

Post by Spami » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 21:59

Has someone an image of how an Nvidium asteroid looks like? Would help me a very lot to find those sneaky bastards.
Some zones have like <1% Nvidium and my mining ship is just wandering slowly and randomly at the center if the zone I advised it to mine.

Can't reach the Teladi outpost right now.

I already collected everything but have not played for a few months now and started a new game. Can't remember how they look like.
Spami

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:19

Spami wrote:Has someone an image of how an Nvidium asteroid looks like?
I'll get on to it right now.. it'll be a few RL hours though :(
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Comandante James T. Kirk

Post by Comandante James T. Kirk » Sun, 8. Feb 15, 11:25

Ognjen85 wrote:I think that currently to solve such "impossible collection" issue, you can abort current mission and find it on some other station that has multiple docking ports. I did shield mission already and now that it is completed, I can still see mission offered around. Anyway, backup your save game before you try this.
It worked for me :)

Thanks !!
Si Dios estuviera jugando a los dados con la estructura del universo... seguramente le habría salido tal como lo conocemos...

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 13. Feb 15, 04:45

Many apologies Spami; RL got in the way.

I've made a new post in Spoilers which may well help.. the image size limitations on the forum are a major PITA for this sort of thing :(

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 21:37

Hiya,

I accepted the Rare Engine mission from a PMC person early on during a plot game (derp...) and so now that person hates me with a passion.

If I cancel the mission, does anyone know if it will respawn somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,
Sparks

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 22:39

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:If I cancel the mission, does anyone know if it will respawn somewhere else?
Aborting is fine. Rare Engine is one of those missions which can be completed any number of times - first to get the engine, later for the cash.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 22:42

Super, thank you.

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 05:43

If I don't have a freighter capable of mining right now, does using my mining laser to blow up the Nvidium asteroids yield spacefly eggs?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 13:50

riceygringo wrote:If I don't have a freighter capable of mining right now, does using my mining laser to blow up the Nvidium asteroids yield spacefly eggs?
Yes; anything capable of blowing up a 'roid has a chance to drop eggs (or other stuff)

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 15:21

This thread is awsome! :D
So nice to know where the goodies are.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Goobers
x4

Post by Goobers » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 10:09

HighExplosives12 wrote:
santi wrote:
It seems that the most common ship to drop the rare engine axis part is the eterscel sentinel (most expensive Heart of Albion fighter)
BTW... YOU don't have to be the one to destroy ships... I've picked up a ton of crap (scrap metal is actually awesome though) along with a bunch of rare engine parts, just by being a scavenger (I decided to avoid all unnecessary combat for the time being).

Find a zone where two opposing factions are known to visit, go do the whole scan the station thingy and eventually, the fighting will have died down. Zoom around and collect loot.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”